Charming resort set in the little town of Habarana, located at the heart of Sri Lanka’s world famous cultural triangle of Kandy-Anuradhapura-Polonnaruwa. Explore the glorious past of our country from a hideaway where history, time and tradition meet. Make delightful discoveries in over 27 acres of resplendent beauty, shielded by over 1700 tall trees, surrounded by three nature reserves-Ritigala, Minneriya and Kaudulla. Unearth the endless possibilities of a place where you choose what to do and where you want to do it.
Gaze into Sri Lanka’s fascinating history as you visit nearby Sigiriya, the masterpiece of construction that once literally housed a palace in the sky. Or find yourself in our forested grounds. Marvel at the splendid golden rock temple at Dambulla. Re-discover Polonnaruwa the ancient ruined city. Meditate beneath the Bo tree at Anuradhapura, the first kingdom of the island. Ride an elephant or trail one of the 138 species of birds that have been identified here. Feed the resident squirrels, so tame they will eat out of your hands. Experience comfort that feels like home.
Our newly renovated 68 Superior Rooms overlook the lush vegetation of the lodge grounds. Spacious and comfortable, they have a bedroom with living room area, and feature bathrooms with a large shower area.
Recently upgraded, our 63 Deluxe Rooms overlook the scenic flora and fauna of the Lodge grounds. Spacious and comfortable, they boast of terracotta and timber floors, and have a bedroom with an elevated bed and living room area, DVD player with inbuilt radio, and sun loungers. The stylish bathrooms feature a bathtub and separate shower area.
A Private Butler service and in-room spa treatments are available on request.
The pride of Cinnamon Lodge, our two newly-created Superior Suites and the four Deluxe Suites Ebony, Ivy, Cedar and Satin – offer beautiful views of the gardens and the Habarana Lake. Furnished with rare local crafts, they have elegant floors and custom-made furniture. The Superior Suites are luxuriously spacious, consisting of one bedroom and equipped with all amenities of a Deluxe Suite.
The Deluxe Suites are complete self-contained units which take up both the ground and first floor levels of a cottage, with an exquisite master bedroom upstairs and a second bedroom downstairs, as well as a lounge and dining area.
The bathroom adjoining the master bedroom features a Jacuzzi, separate shower area, double sinks, and spacious dressing and storage areas for that extra touch of luxury. Watch movies on the en-suite DVD player with inbuilt radio, or catch up with your favourite serial on a flat screen TV. Laze on the sun lounger or lie-low as you sip a cup of frothy espresso coffee made as-you-like-it in your en-suite espresso machine.
A Private Butler service is available, round the clock, and in-room spa treatments and in-villa dining can be arranged on request.
All our rooms and suites feature the following services and amenities:
- Air conditioning with individual temperature controls
- In-room safe to provide security to your personal belongings
- Traditional interiors in earthy colours, with timber and rattan finished Berger master furniture
- Minibar, tea and coffee making facilities, and bottled drinking water, for your convenience
- IDD telephone and flat screen television with satellite TV to keep you in touch with the world outside
- 24-hour room service
- 24 hours hot and cold running water in the bathroom
- Thoughtful extras like weighing scales, iron and ironing board, digital alarm clock, umbrellas, and a shoe
- shine set
- Luxury bathroom amenities, hair dryer, bathrobes and bedroom slippers
- Writing desk and stationery folder
- Verandah/easy chairs and a coffee table outside on the terrace
- Aroma oil burner
- Complimentary local newspaper on request
- A choice of pillow from our special pillow menu.